Sunday, November 16, 2008

Smarties and Chinese Waves

I had a request for a Sock Monkey and I finally got the time to finish him. He was sitting armless and faceless for a week but now he's whole hehe! I hope the recipient gets lots of pleasure from him. Laila adores hers, chews it and drags it around everywhere. In fact hers could do with a holiday in the washing machine ;)
Please meet 'Smarties'

Of course his name is only temporary until his new owner decides on what suits him best :)

In other crafty pursuits I've been doing more dishcloths. This is my first go at the 'Chinese Waves' pattern. I used Peaches and Creme Worsted Cotton in "bubblegum" colourway.

Next one I'm going to knit out of a plain colour so you can see the 'waves' more ;) I picked up some yarn from Spotlight and it is made from Corn fibre. Was on clearance for $1 a ball. Wish I had grabbed more than 2 balls though argh lol! Its lovely and soft.
Next project.... hmmmm...
Would love to make some pants and cute summer tops for Laila. I've got more of the cupcake material (see taggie blanket) which will look super cute. Just need some more time and for Laila to settle a bit better at night before I venture into it I think. So... more dishcloths here I come lol ;)

1 comment:

Jezza said...

WOW Jo! You are just an amazing person with so much talent.

I love that Sock Monkey!! So cute :)

You should sell them on etsy or ebay!! :)