Been inspired to dye some more wool hehe! As if I didn't have enough projects on the go!! Just can't help myself.I only did one 50g ball. I have really wanted to try my hand at a rainbow one for ages. Once I got Laila to sleep I set to work last night. I did rush it a bit because she usually wakes up for a late evening feed so I didn't know how much time I had. I probably could have done it a little better (it is a bit patchy in places) but overall I'm really pleased with it. Ahhhh pretty ;)
I did it just using food dyes. I got really impatient waiting for it to be dry this morning so I could ball it up. I also got into a terrible tangled mess because I tried to ball it up without a helper. Took me over an hour to sort it out oops. I should have asked Liz to wind it using her wool winder but I was just too excited to wait until I saw her next.
Probably going to turn it into a Beanie. I'd love to make something bigger but I know I'd never be able to dye another skein to match it properly lol!
Lots of fun! I have 200g of Bendigo wool at a friend's house *waves to Liz* waiting to be dyed so will be looking forward to that sometime soon.To misquote Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation "Today is a good day to DYE" lol ;)
2 comments:
That is AWESOME! Love how you got the colours so vibrant! Is weds good for you! We've gotta do this!
Liz
wow I love it! So bright and happy!!
Post a Comment