Thursday, November 27, 2008

More Wooly Goodness

My latest wool dyeing efforts are thus:
I need to give it a name hehe .
How about "Ethereal" ;)

I did plan on the pink being a bit darker than it turned out but overall I'm really pleased with it.

I've comissioned Liz to knit a Tikki Rainbow Dress with it. I'm going to dye some purple to match in (with any luck) for the bodice part and the hemline. The main body of it will be as pictured. It is going to look fab methinks ;)

Must make a swap for Liz too. Does Hamish want a sock monkey?


My other project just finished was this Chinese Waves dishcloth made from Corn yarn. I love knitting with Corn as it doesn't split like the bamboo/cotton blend yarns.

There is a mistake on this one near the top (the perils of trying to knit with an 11 month old toddling around getting into seven different kinds of mischief lol!) but as it is just for me I couldn't be bothered undoing it to fix.

I've just started knitting some for Tanja now (which I will be undoing if I make a mistake lol - so don't worry *wink*)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Hamish would love a sock monkey! Liz

Missy said...

Wow that colourway is wonderful!!